Over the years, Washington, D.C. and Maryland have seen a large increase in rollover accidents. These dangerous collisions can result in serious injuries and even death for those involved, and it’s important to understand why they happen and what steps you need to take if you are ever involved in one.
Causes of Rollover Accidents
A rollover crash can happen for a variety of reasons, but some of the most common causes include:
- Speeding: When a vehicle travels at high speeds, it becomes more difficult to control and can easily roll over if the driver loses control.
- Distracted driving: With the rise of technology and smartphones, distracted driving has become a major cause of car accidents. When drivers are not fully focused on the road, they are more likely to make mistakes that can lead to a rollover accident.
- Road conditions: Poor road conditions, such as potholes, uneven pavement, or debris on the road, can cause a vehicle to lose control and rollover.
- Vehicle design flaws: Some vehicles have a higher center of gravity and are more prone to rollover accidents, especially when taking sharp turns or making sudden movements.
Injuries in Rollover Accidents Can Increase if Roof Crush Is Involved
One of the most dangerous aspects of rollover collisions is roof crush. When a vehicle rolls over, the roof’s structural integrity can be compromised, leading to serious injuries for those inside. In fact, studies have shown that a large number of car accident fatalities involving rollovers are due to roof crush.
Why You Need a Lawyer
Rollover accidents can be complex and expensive to deal with. It’s important to have a lawyer on your side who understands the laws and regulations surrounding car accidents in Washington, D.C. Here are a few reasons why you should consider hiring a lawyer after being involved in a rollover accident:
- Gathering evidence: A lawyer can help gather important evidence, such as witness statements, police reports, and surveillance footage, to build a strong case on your behalf.
- Negotiating with insurance companies: Insurance companies are notorious for trying to minimize payouts or deny claims altogether. A lawyer can negotiate on your behalf to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
- Fighting for your rights: If another driver’s negligence caused the rollover accident, you can seek compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. A lawyer can help you fight for your rights and hold the responsible party accountable.
- Understanding laws and regulations: Each state has its own laws and regulations regarding car accidents. A lawyer who is familiar with accident laws in Washington, D.C. and Maryland can ensure that your case is handled properly and in accordance with these laws.
Recoverable Compensation in a Rollover Accident
If another driver or entity is found responsible for a rollover accident, those injured may wish to recover compensation from the at-fault party if it’s higher than what is provided by their PIP insurance. In the Washington, D.C. area, recoverable compensation may include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
Compensation Recovery After a Rollover Injury Accident
If you have been injured in a rollover accident in Washington, D.C., seeking legal help is important as soon as possible. A lawyer can review your case and advise you on the best course of action. A lawyer can help you navigate the complex legal system and fight for your rights to receive
Auto Accident Lawyers – Roeser Law Firm
The Roeser Law Firm can help you if you’ve suffered an injury because of a negligent driver in the Maryland or Washington, D.C. area. A traffic collision can cause serious injuries; you don’t want to pay your losses yourself if someone else is to blame. Contact me at (202) 660-4070 for a free consultation. The online contact form also makes it easy for you to reach out. Whether you need a case review, answers to questions, or guidance on recovering compensation, I can help.