A lot is heard about negligent car drivers being involved in an accident with a motorcyclist. However, a motorcycle rider can be the one who is negligent in a collision.
Car Accidents With Negligent Motorcyclists
A lot is heard about negligent car drivers being involved in an accident with a motorcyclist. However, a motorcycle rider can be the one who is negligent in a collision. The same laws apply to motorcyclists, and they can be just as guilty as anyone else when it comes to causing an accident. In the following, we will explore how a negligent rider can cause a collision.
Motorcyclist Negligence: Roeser Law Firm PLLC
Our attorneys and staff at Roeser Law work tirelessly to protect the rights of our clients. Compassionately serving our clients while fighting for their rights is our duty. When you’ve been injured in a collision caused by a negligent motorcyclist, we are here for you to help you obtain the compensation you deserve. Contact us today at (202) 660-4070 for a free review of your case and to find out about options to recover damages.
Motorcyclist Fault in a Traffic Collision
A lot has been written about motorcyclists being injured in a crash caused by a negligent driver of a passenger vehicle. However, motorcycle riders can also engage in negligent behaviors that can lead to a serious crash and injure others. Some of the ways these accidents can happen to include:
Common causes of motorcycle accidents resulting from operator error include:
- Alcohol or drug use: Being intoxicated by alcohol or drugs affects a motorcyclist the same way it does the driver of a passenger vehicle. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that of those riders involved in fatal accidents, about 30 percent are intoxicated.
- Speeding: When a motorcycle rider is speeding, they are not only at a higher risk of crashing, it increases the likelihood they will hit a motor vehicle, causing serious injuries or even fatalities.
- Inexperienced riders: Over 50 percent of accidents involving motorcycles occur because the rider has little experience in handling a cycle. This lack of experience can cause a collision with a car, truck, bicycle rider, or pedestrian.
- Negligent cornering: When a motorcyclist is making a sharp turn, there is little room for error or correction. Turning too fast or hard or over-braking can cause the rider to wipe out and hit others.
- Fatigue: Fatigued riders are a danger to themselves and others on the roadway. Being overly tired affects their reflexes and reaction time, which can lead to a collision.
- Purchasing a bike with too much power: A rider’s experience level, needs, and size are important considerations when buying a motorcycle. Buying one with too much power and in too large a size is almost an invitation to being involved in a collision.
Car accident injuries can be caused by a negligent motorcycle rider. At Roeser Law Firm, we can determine the cause of your accident and hold the responsible party liable for your injuries.
Roeser Law Firm in Washington, D.C.
If you have been injured in an accident caused by a negligent motorcyclist or other entity, the Roeser Law Firm can help. Please contact us by phone at (202) 660-4070 or by connecting with us online. Avoid having to pay the bill yourself by making the negligent party pay for their actions.