Motorcycle Accident Injuries and Recovering Compensation
A motorcycle accident injury in Washington, D.C. can range from minor scrapes and bruises to life-threatening injuries. When the accident was caused by a negligent driver, government roadway neglect or a defect in your bike, you have the right to recover compensation. A Washington, D.C. motorcycle injury accident lawyer may be able to help you do just that.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Because of their vulnerability to injuries in a motorcycle crash, the following types of trauma are commonly seen:
- Fractures are commonly found in motorcycle collisions. Most fractures occur in the lower extremities because of the impact of the bike on the road surface. Many riders also suffer fractures of the arms or hands as they brace themselves during the crash.
- Head and neck injuries are often serious following in a motorcycle collision. Even with a helmet, riders can suffer skull fractures, concussions, or even more severe brain damage. Neck injuries such as whiplash can cause long-term pain and restricted mobility if not treated promptly.
- Internal organ damage can also occur in a motorcycle collision. Blunt force trauma can cause internal bleeding, which can be dangerous and life-threatening. In addition, the high speeds at which motorcycles are traveling can put strain on the internal organs, resulting in a wide range of damage if the rider makes contact with another vehicle or object.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is another serious consequence of a motorcycle accident. TBI can cause severe physical and mental disability, with long-term effects that may include severe headaches, dizziness, confusion, difficulty concentrating and memory loss.
- Spinal cord injuries are also possible in a motorcycle collision. Riders may suffer paralysis or significant mobility issues even with the use of protective gear. In severe cases, the victim may require a wheelchair or other assistive device to move around.
- Road rash is a painful skin abrasion caused by contact between the rider and the road surface. Although not usually life-threatening, it can cause infection and serious complications if not treated promptly.
- Psychological trauma can occur even in seemingly minor motorcycle crashes. Stress and anxiety can develop due to the shock of impact or fear of future crashes. Some riders may experience post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) due to injuries.
How a Lawyer Can Help You Recover the Compensation You Deserve
If you have been in a motorcycle accident, it is important to seek the advice of an experienced personal injury lawyer. They can help you build a strong case for compensation and fight for your rights. A good lawyer will understand the complexities of motorcycle injury law and be able to guide you through the process of filing a claim and seeking damages from responsible parties.
They will also be able to negotiate with insurance companies and advise you on the best course of action for your case. With their help, you can be sure that you get the compensation you deserve after an accident.
Roeser Law Firm: Motorcycle Collision Lawyers
Roeser Law Firm can assist you when you’ve suffered injuries in a motorcycle crash caused by a negligent driver or others. You can reach us by phone at (202) 660-4070 or online. If you have questions about your case, we can answer them and tell you your options for recovering compensation. An injury sustained in a motorcycle collision can lead to serious injuries, as well as financial stress. If the fault wasn’t yours, don’t let it happen to you.