Washington, D.C. Intersection Accidents and Recovering Compensation
Intersection accidents in Washington, D.C. can be dangerous and costly for victims. People who suffer injuries or other losses due to a collision at an intersection are entitled to seek financial compensation. To recover full and fair compensation, accident victims should be aware of their legal rights and the steps they need to take in order to secure the compensation they deserve.
Types of Injury Accidents That Commonly Occur at Intersections
Intersection accidents can involve a variety of vehicles and types of injury accidents. Some common examples of intersection accident claims include:
- Rear-end collisions – when one vehicle fails to stop in time and collides with the rear end of another car, often due to distracted driving or failure to obey traffic signals;
- T-bone collisions – when one vehicle is hit on the side by another vehicle, often due to running a red light or failure to yield;
- Speeding drivers – a driver who is going over the speed limit often runs a red light or stop sign and can cause an accident that easily results in serious injuries;
- Drunk drivers – Intoxicated drivers have trouble staying in their lane, slowed reflexes and poor judgment, which can lead to many types of intersection accidents;
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents – when pedestrians or bicyclists are struck in an intersection because a driver failed to obey traffic signals or was distracted, traumatic injuries and fatalities often occur.
In any of these cases, an injured person may have a valid claim for compensation.
Recovering Compensation for Injuries and Damages
If you have been injured in an intersection accident, you may be eligible to recover damages from the responsible parties. These can include medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and property damage. You also may be able to recover punitive damages if the other driver was egregiously negligent or hit your vehicle intentionally. An experienced Washington, D.C. accident attorney can help you assess your claim and determine what type of compensation you may be entitled to receive.
How Your Lawyer Works to Support Intersection Accidents Case
If you have been injured at an intersection, it is important to seek legal advice. Washington, D.C. accident attorney can help you determine who is liable for your damages and whether or not you have a valid legal claim. Your lawyer will also be able to guide you through the claims process and assist you in gathering evidence to support your case. Your lawyer can also negotiate on your behalf with the insurance companies and other parties involved to obtain a reasonable settlement or take your case to court if necessary. You have three years to file, but getting started as soon as possible is advisable since evidence may disappear and witnesses be hard to locate later.
Roeser Law Firm
Roeser Law Firm can assist you if you have been injured and are facing high medical bills after an accident. If you have any questions, please contact us at (202) 660-4070. You can also contact us online. Suffering an injury in a traffic accident is bad enough. You shouldn’t have to suffer financial strain when someone else was the cause.