An accident lawyer in Washington, D.C. can gather the evidence to support your claim, compile your losses and represent you in obtaining the compensation you deserve.
Recovering Compensation After a Washington, D.C. Auto Accident
What do you do after an auto accident if you were injured by a negligent driver? Is it a good idea to hire an attorney? Injured victims may be able to recover damages from the responsible parties if they hire an experienced personal injury attorney.
After a car accident, hiring a lawyer has many benefits. It is an attorney’s job to protect your rights and make sure that you receive the compensation you are entitled to. In addition to handling the paperwork, the lawyer will also assist with the legal process.
Auto Accident Injury and Wage Compensation
Your first recourse for damages when you’ve been injured in a car crash is your personal injury protection (PIP) clause of your insurance policy since DC Code 31-2404 makes the District of Columbia no-fault. Your PIP insurance covers medical expenses and lost wages. If your insurance doesn’t cover all your expenses because it is capped, you can enlist the help of a personal injury lawyer to place a lawsuit against the negligent driver.
An accident lawyer in Washington, D.C. can gather the evidence to support your claim, compile your losses and represent you in obtaining the compensation you deserve. An attorney can also help you recover compensation for your pain and suffering.
What Types of Traffic Accidents Are Common?
The following are some of the most common auto accidents that occur in the Washington, D.C. area:
- Rear-end collisions: This type of auto accident is common and usually caused by distracted driving, tailgating or other types of negligence.
- Risky left turns: A driver who makes a left turn just as the light has changed or without checking for oncoming traffic risks causing a serious collision.
- Speeding: A speeding driver has little time to react to avoid an accident.
- Running a red light or stop sign: Intersections are dangerous places and where more than half of all traffic collisions occur. A driver who runs a red light often strikes a motorist who has the right of way.
- Drunk or drugged driving: A motorist who is under the influence of alcohol or drugs cannot safely handle a motor vehicle. They can’t judge their speed, stay in their lane or know how far they are from other vehicles, which often leads to a dangerous collision.
Roeser Law Firm – Auto Accident Lawyers
Traffic collisions can cause severe injuries, and you don’t want to end up paying out-of-pocket when you can hold the at-fault driver responsible. The attorneys at the Roeser Law Firm are on call to help you when you’ve suffered injuries because of a negligent driver. You can reach us for a free consultation at (202) 660-4070.
We also offer a convenient online contact form for you to get in touch with us. We can review your case, answer questions and let you know how you can recover the compensation you deserve. Don’t let time slide by before you act.